So as a birthday treat to myself, I decided to take the plunge and get my nose pierced*. Since living in India, where I was surrounded by beautifully bejeweled ladies all over the place, I've thought nose piercings are particularly stunning.
Love it or hate it ... just know I'd been giving this careful consideration before going through with it ... and I am absolutely thrilled with the end result. I think it looks beautiful. I'm getting comments all the time now "Oh, it really suites you..."
If you're at all squeamish at the though of me having my nose pierced in this manner - then please don't view the following images. But, just so you know, they aren't graphic at all.
After piercing my nose with the gold wire he is now cutting off the excess. I suppose that the fragments he has left over he just melts down to make more jewelry
With the excess cut, he now uses a pair of pliers to coil the end of the wire onto itself so it fits into my nose. Yes, some dude stuck pliers up my nose... it was weird, I'll admit.
Happy customer
________________________________
* I realize this post is nearly 3 months late but ... I had my reasons for keeping quite about this for a while
Love it or hate it ... just know I'd been giving this careful consideration before going through with it ... and I am absolutely thrilled with the end result. I think it looks beautiful. I'm getting comments all the time now "Oh, it really suites you..."
While I got this done back in March - now that I'm back in the States I'm pretty surprised at how many nose rings I keep seeing. I saw at least 5 pierced noses (with all manner of jewelry) while I was visiting NYC this past week.... and not only from the punk crowd either. Ann Arbor's been no different.
In this post I walk you through the process I went through, which is slightly different from how it is done in the States (where most piercings, that I know of) are done using a piercing "gun". I thought it was pretty fascinating process and have since become a big fan of the wire method.
To have your nose pierced via the wire method, they literally stick a wire of gold (or silver depending on your preference) through your nose, and then coil the wire onto itself so that it doesn't fall out. So instead of having a stud post hanging out in my nose, the coiled wire sits up flat against the side of my nose.
In this post I walk you through the process I went through, which is slightly different from how it is done in the States (where most piercings, that I know of) are done using a piercing "gun". I thought it was pretty fascinating process and have since become a big fan of the wire method.
To have your nose pierced via the wire method, they literally stick a wire of gold (or silver depending on your preference) through your nose, and then coil the wire onto itself so that it doesn't fall out. So instead of having a stud post hanging out in my nose, the coiled wire sits up flat against the side of my nose.
If you're at all squeamish at the though of me having my nose pierced in this manner - then please don't view the following images. But, just so you know, they aren't graphic at all.
After piercing my nose with the gold wire he is now cutting off the excess. I suppose that the fragments he has left over he just melts down to make more jewelry
With the excess cut, he now uses a pair of pliers to coil the end of the wire onto itself so it fits into my nose. Yes, some dude stuck pliers up my nose... it was weird, I'll admit.
Happy customerDanika, who went with me, said she was pretty impressed that I didn't flinch during the piercing. In all fairness though, I had no idea what to expect, so I suspect my lack of reaction was more a function of my shock than anything else.
________________________________
* I realize this post is nearly 3 months late but ... I had my reasons for keeping quite about this for a while
1 comment:
I've never asked my nose-pierced friends how theirs were done, but my eyebrow was pierced with a giant spike. They just jammed it up through there, and then replaced it with the barbell.
(This barbell only lasted 9 months, as I kept catching it on sweaters when I put them on, each time pulling it a little farther out of my face, until it was barely hanging on and I gave up and took it out... It looked really good though, maybe I should try it again...)
I haven't heard about this coiled wire method, which sounds really cool, but I do think they use plenty of pokey sticks here :)
Post a Comment