Thursday, April 28, 2011

City Slickers

So I'm totally loving being in the mountains*!!!

And apparently I have become so well adapted to my new surroundings that I'm frequently mistaking for a local by all the Delhi tourists that have come up to the mountain to beat the heat.

I had a pretty funny interchange this afternoon when an obvious out of towner asked me where all of the major landmarks were (a scenic mountain viewpoint, the "fancy" restaurant in town, and the small - four store - market area). Once I'd given him an idea of the incredibly small array of things to do here he asked me "So, why does everyone come up here if there isn't much much of anything here?"

I laughed to myself thinking ... but that's kinda the point.
________________________________
* I haven't forgotten about the blog, I've just been a little preoccupied with ... doing not much of anything.

No comments: