... I had the Mary Tyler Moore theme song stuck in my head as I headed into Lucknow airport ... I made it, after 27 hours and 35 minutes of "traveling" (either in the air or waiting in the airport).
Thankfully, besides having a sore backside from all the sitting, the flights were uneventful and the transfers went much easier than I expected.
Settling into Lucknow has been a bit of a shock - to put it lightly. It's very hot here (though not all that humid). But our apartment is comfortable and our neighbors are really friendly ... because of all of Allen's preparations, it feels like I've just fallen right into place here...
But it feels like I'm really disconnected from "reality" or what life was like back in the States, it is like I'm living a totally different life....
Shortly after my arrival I found out that a dear relative had passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly ... and even though I've been hearing from family, I feel so far away. Maybe it is because I'm not online and connected all day long ... I don't know, but ... it feels weird being here.
I'm sure things will get easier, once I've spent enough time here and found a routine, but right now I sort of feel like I'm in Wonderland.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My condolences go out to you, Nik, but I also wanted to congratulate you on your arrival. I remember jet-laggedly navigating the RER and wandering around a frozen food store the Sunday afternoon I got to Paris, and given how much of an impression that made on me, I can only *imagine* how you must be feeling having gone all the way around the globe! Hang in there, doll :)
I'm glad you had a safe and uneventful trip, but I'm so sorry about your relative!
Sending virtual hugs to wonderland!
Hey Nikki -- sorry to hear about your loss... But glad to hear that your travel there was uneventful and that you got there safely. Just want to send you our love and let you know that we got the CD of pictures. Thank you!
Post a Comment