Will this never end?!
So Allen was on the mend yesterday, which considering the ordeal he went through was a wonderful development ...
So imagine our surprise when I wake us up at 4:30am this morning with "Delhi Belly" --- argh!
We weren't fooling around this time so I promptly took our emergency azithromycin (antibiotics) ...
But I was still delirious all day today and felt as if I had a cement brick in my stomach. Not fun.
This afternoon some of the other students Allen studies with thought that my symptoms might suggest a parasite (NO!) ... so we took my temperature and I was reading 101.6 ... crap.
Allen launched into action and took me to a local clinic where the doctor said she didn't think it was a parasite (though she didn't seem all that concerned about my fever, 'It happens') and diagnosed me as just having food poisoning like Allen. She sent me home with three days of a cocktail of antibiotics, pro-biotics, and antacids.
I still have a fever and my heart is racing (over 100 bpm) ... but fingers crossed regardless of whether it is a parasite or gastro intestinitis the antibiotics should run their course and at least bring the fever down.
(sigh)
I don't really know what to say about all this. It is as if this country is intentionally challenging us - which is ridiculous .... or is it?! Mwaha ha ha ha ha (rubbing hands conspiratorially)!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment