On Sunday, a friend and I went to see X men Wolverine dubbed in Hindi at my host family's cinema. Here are some things I noticed:
1. 99% of the audience was male. Lars said he saw a woman or two, but I didn't.
2. To get in the door, everyone pushes and shoves, even though they wont let us in the theatre for another 20 minutes once inside. After the first wave of people went in, they actually closed the door and re opened it with a smaller opening so that you had to turn sideways to get through - my bike helmet barely fit, I had to turn it sideways. I guess that helped to stem the tide.
3. There is a balcony and a lower section. The balcony costs more. The only difference I can tell is that in the balcony you pay more to be around other people who can afford to pay more. I am definitely going to sit downstairs next time.
4. Lots of Shouting. Whistling. And other noise making. When the sound cut off midway through the movie, I thought there might be a riot downstairs.
5. You could watch this movie without sound and know exactly what was going on. I noticed that As long as I didn't look at their faces when they talked, I was actually able to pick up quite a few words here and there, which was nice - it helped that I had already seen it a few times.
ME JANTA HUN KAUN HO!!!!! means "I know who you are!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey allen just reading what you wrote and you forgot a tum!!
Post a Comment