I got a chance to speak with Allen last night and by his own account it sounds like he might have jumped to conclusions with his host family.
Since his earlier blog posts he's (believe it or not) asked about some of the behaviors that first took him by surprise, and he assured me strenuously that he feels comfortable with his living situation ... and actually considers himself one of the lucky ones, in terms of housing assignments.
I wish I could give you more detail myself, but he promised to write some more explanation the next time he gets a chance to post...
I should probably stick in some sentence about how this is a lesson in being open-minded about new cultures and not take strange situations at face value ...
:)
Instead I'll just post some pictures Allen sent me of his "day-to-day" in Lucknow.
Enjoy!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment