(another note from Allen)
I have successfully oriented in Delhi and am now in Luck. now. I am in Luck, now. or so it may seem. Today I visited my soon to be host family for a very short time and will move in tomorrow. They seem nice and the room seems clean. I don't really know much yet. They showed me that there was an alleyway which led to a door directly to my room. I wonder if that means they don't want me to be in the rest of the house? we'll find out. The only member of the family I met was the mother. She seemed very nice, she is very Hindu - so that will help me to keep increasing my hindi vocabulary while learning Urdu - which is kind of perfect. She kind of reminded me of one of my Hindi Teachers back at NYU... Anyhow, more to come. Tomorrow is the placement test. Wish me luck!
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
allen! drink mango lassi and don't melt! ia lso hope your host family is friendly and allows you to feel at home with them. good thing about the hindi. if she reminded you of a teacher at nyu taht you liked, then here's hoping for a connection with the host family!! hope the placement test went well. email coming from me soon with infoa bout friends in india...
Post a Comment