Sunday, June 10, 2012

Taking in as much of SF as I can....

I've been remiss in posting lately, but I hope this picture filled description of my recent activities makes up for it....

I was exploring the Mission and went to Dolores Park, with great views of the city. Oh, and Bi-Rite ice cream store. 

Last Saturday was one of the Mission Arts and Performance Project's open-house nights, where local art galleries and performance spaces open their doors for a night of art and performances*. I was able to meet up with some Michigan friends and fun times were had by all!

Art gallery

Vibraphone performance

My favorite, the robot art workshop that is blocks from where I'm staying

ROBOTS!

Live music

The other VMware interns started this week, which means we have a full house in our little hive. They all seem like really great ladies and it looks like there will be opportunities for us to collaborate because there is some overlap in our projects. Haley, who is also a classmate of mine from SI, redecorated the office a bit...

Go Blue!

Besides that, I've been doing my best to get out and about the city as much as I can. SF is beautiful and I'm really happy with the culture and food here ... but man am I having a hard time navigating this space. Where is my grid and comprehensive public transportation system!?**

Thankfully I have a lot of friends from Barnard, SI, and work at this point so the only thing stopping me from exploring more of the city is my own laziness*** There is so much to see.

Urban Coy Pond

The Painted Ladies of Alamo Square, with down town in the background

I mean, the only way I'm going to start understanding this place is if I dive head first into it, right?
______________________________________________
* You get the idea
** I took you for granted NYC MTA
*** Or the blisters on my feet from walking 10miles a day

No comments: