Saturday, June 2, 2012

First Days in London - Guest Blogger Allen!

Hey All,

The first week in London has been great so far.  It started out super sunny and altogether pleasant, and for the most part hasn't been too bad, though the rain and clouds did creep in. As you know this week is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee in which 1,000 boats are supposed to float up the Thames in a giant Flotilla.  As of now the forecast is alternating between rain and light rain for the entire day, so we'll see if I decide to venture out or just stay in and work.

Speaking of work, I have been getting a lot done and finding having an office really pretty amazing.  I share it with three other people, but it's really big, so it doesn't seem squashed at all.  My desk is the one by the window on the right.

My office.

The day I chose to bring my camera, it was raining, so I don't have any good outdoor pictures yet.  More to come.

As for the dorm, it is about 15 to 20 min. walking from the office, but only about 5 min. by bicycle. Really very convenient.  I like having the structured time there as well.  The office is open from 9 to 6, so it's a great way to structure a day.  The dorms, are fine. I can't imagine 4 undergrads sharing such small space, but when I think about it, I think my dorm life experience wasn't so different....

My room.



The Kitchen



What is pretty neat is that I was supposed to have a flatmate, but since his girlfriend lives in London he decided to forego his NYU housing.  Pretty cool.  So I have the entire flat to myself.

Solon's Room conveniently holds the bicycle Heather and Bill so graciously loaned me, and provides some extra space to hangout in.  If only I had a couch to put in there!



No comments: