It turns out, after much investigation, that the problem was being caused by a faulty powerstrip that I bought last summer in Lucknow - shortly after I moved in. Somewhere inside it there was a bad connection and things that were not supposed to be touching each other were. The electrician was going to fix the powerstrip, but I told him that even if he did fix it I wouldn't trust it and would not use it. So I gave it to him as a gift for saving me from repeated although intermittent and inexplicable electrocutions. Here's a picture of my hero with his spoils:
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Shocking Refrigerator
In my last post I alluded to getting electrocuted every time I touched my refrigerator and how I wasn't too fond of it. The truth is, I was only occasionally getting electrocuted, but nevertheless I didn't enjoy it. Fridges draw a fair amount of power you know. Anyhow, the electrician came and discovered that not only the refrigerator, but every electrical device in the entire upstairs of the building was drawing (and emitting) electrical current (especially powerful when barefoot and/or wet), but only doing so when the lights were on in my bedroom.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
RODA!! I love your blogs. Keep them coming. Especially photos of your heros. Please, tell me more. I enjoy re-experiencing India through the stories you and Nikki offer. Amen.
Natalie
Post a Comment