Friday, March 12, 2010

Animals Act Differently: The Wasps

So, I've mentioned before how animals act differently in India. It is easy to see Evolution's hand at work here where, for the most part, animals are used to being left to their own devises (remember the fire ants?). Today I have two more examples of bizarre animal behavior for you.

A couple of days ago we had a swarm of a couple hundred wasps hanging out on our porch (video below):



I know, crazy na? They came, they saw, and they just left ... no rhyme or reason why...

My hope - that our bat scared them away. I know, we have a bat living on our porch.

I feel pretty justified in believing at first that he might have been a mouse, given the presents he leaves us every morning...

That said, I did wonder what this critter was eating since it seemed to really like our porch and not ... say ... our kitchen. But we soon discovered he'd made a nest for himself in one of our unused electrical outlets (I feel really bad for the electrician who ever has to work on adding a fixture there)

No comments: