We jerry-rigged our little flip camera to the front of my helmet last November and I did my normal routine: dropped Allen off at school, drove to work, after work went to pick Allen up, then came back home. The point of taking all this footage was to give you a sense of how different driving is here.
I edited it all down to some choice "lessons," but I have a few caveats. This isn't the best or the worst of the Lucknavi driving experience - so for instance, no cows make an appearance in the film below (surprisingly). Also, for technical reasons, I had to zoom in on the footage so objects appear much closer to me in the video than they actually were (somewhat ironically given the title I chose for the film). And lastly - to the moms - I did pick out the most "exciting" parts of my journey on purpose ...because otherwise it would be very boring to watch... so while I won't deny that driving in Lucknow is more harrowing than say driving in New Jersey, we do try to be very very safe when we drive. So don't worry ... too much.
Enjoy!
Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear from Nikki Candelore on Vimeo.
Lessons on driving in Lucknow
3 comments:
Love it, Nikki! Superb production. Although, to be honest, I've had plenty of near-death experiences driving in New Jersey... :)
Thats so funny ... Wish you'd done it in Dhaka ... PROPER near death experiences there!
Are you kidding? In Dhaka the traffic is at a standstill most of the time. :)
Post a Comment