Because we keep things "interesting" around here, Allen and I have been pretty busy during the first few weeks of our summer vacation.
First we went to visit our very good friends in Vermont...
It was so much fun to catch up with Aimee and Bill, who we hadn't seen in three years (too long!)... A lot had changed for them since we last saw them, including the addition of 18-month old Dara
I could blast you with pictures of all the fun we had (going hiking, making meals, playing at the museum, putting shoes on our feet, reading stories, etc), but I'll spare you since blogger is not letting me upload the video I wanted to :( so, I'll leave you with this instead
Next it was off to Sacred Heart University in Connecticut to see my brother, Darek, graduate with his doctorate in Physical Therapy
Darek is amazing! I'm so proud of him; we're all so proud of him! He's embarking on a new adventure (passing the boards and finding his first job as a licensed PT), but we all have no doubt that he's going to continue kicking butt along the way!
Another graduation that's worth briefly mentioning is Barnard's, my alma mater, where President Obama gave the commencement address.
And to round out the busy and amazing week, we headed over the New York city to hang out with our friends Hamsa and Danika, who are shortly headed to the University of Kansas soon. We started off the evening playing Just Dance 3 for the XBOX. This is the most fun party-game/workout EVER!
And then of course, it wouldn't have been an evening with H & D without about a million rounds of bridge and drinking fuddy-duddy drinks (this time it was Old Fashioneds)
I was sad to say goodbye for a number of reasons. I left Allen in NYC for the rest of the week, where he's at a musical instrument conference hosted by the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Also, since I'm headed to CA tomorrow and he's headed to London this weekend, it was our last time to hang out before we're literally on opposite sides of the world for 2 months. :(
But I've got a lot of great memories to sustain me and we both have a ton of exciting adventures to look forward to!
First we went to visit our very good friends in Vermont...
Little slice of heaven
It was so much fun to catch up with Aimee and Bill, who we hadn't seen in three years (too long!)... A lot had changed for them since we last saw them, including the addition of 18-month old Dara
Ready to play with mom and dad
I could blast you with pictures of all the fun we had (going hiking, making meals, playing at the museum, putting shoes on our feet, reading stories, etc), but I'll spare you since blogger is not letting me upload the video I wanted to :( so, I'll leave you with this instead
Story with smiles time!
Next it was off to Sacred Heart University in Connecticut to see my brother, Darek, graduate with his doctorate in Physical Therapy
Proud family with the happy graduate
Darek is amazing! I'm so proud of him; we're all so proud of him! He's embarking on a new adventure (passing the boards and finding his first job as a licensed PT), but we all have no doubt that he's going to continue kicking butt along the way!
Another graduation that's worth briefly mentioning is Barnard's, my alma mater, where President Obama gave the commencement address.
“We are better off when women are treated fairly and equally in every aspect of American life, whether it’s the salary you earn or the health decisions you make,” President Obama, May 2012
And to round out the busy and amazing week, we headed over the New York city to hang out with our friends Hamsa and Danika, who are shortly headed to the University of Kansas soon. We started off the evening playing Just Dance 3 for the XBOX. This is the most fun party-game/workout EVER!
Feel the burn!
I was sad to say goodbye for a number of reasons. I left Allen in NYC for the rest of the week, where he's at a musical instrument conference hosted by the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Also, since I'm headed to CA tomorrow and he's headed to London this weekend, it was our last time to hang out before we're literally on opposite sides of the world for 2 months. :(
But I've got a lot of great memories to sustain me and we both have a ton of exciting adventures to look forward to!


No comments:
Post a Comment