Monday, February 13, 2012

Coming soon! More information about the A2 Datadive

So we had an amazing (and exhausting) weekend at the first ever A2 Datadive! I promise to write more about what happened and upload pictures of what the event was like ... but right now it is full crunch time on midterms.

Amazing news is that we made the paper! Michigan Daily wrote a piece about our event, and even misspelled my name twice! ;)

On a more serious note, I've still got a lot to take in from the event, but one thing that really struck me was home many community members attended and also personally thanked me for thinking of such a creative use for their skills. I'm definitely not taking credit for the idea, which belongs firmly to Data Without Borders, but clearly this idea has tapped into a really deep and unknown/unvoiced need from this community (data scientists). It seems that they were just thankful to have been able to put their skills to good use... to get a chance to volunteer and give back, but in such a way that also provided a lot of mental stimulation. I was really blown away by the enthusiasm of this group.

The whole event was really inspiring.... but more on that later.

Now back to the grind

1 comment:

Allen Roda said...

The newspaper article is awesome. not only do they misspell your name, but it is littered with grammatical errors, awkward syntax, and overall examples of poor editing. I am also fairly certain they misquoted you. I totally called that.