Thursday, February 9, 2012

A2 Datadive starts this weekend!

It is finally coming together, folks! What started as an idea this summer has rolled into an event that we'll be hosting at my school THIS weekend!

I know you'll all be with me this weekend in spirit - but in case your interested, you can follow along with the work being done this weekend by checking out the project pages we've set up on the Data Without Borders wiki. As work gets done, we'll be documenting the process on the wiki so that the non-profits have a record of all the work that was done (and hopefully some instructions on how to replicate it).

Here is the link for the African Health OER Network project page.

And here's the link for Focus: HOPE's project page. You can see I've already added a lot of documentation to Focus: HOPE's page because their data needed a lot more scrubbing and prep work ahead of the datadive.

We apparently have 70 people registered for the event already - which is incredible! I feel so thankful that I go to a school where there is such a positive environment for giving back to the community. Anyone's guess as to how many people ACTUALLY show up - especially since we weren't expecting people to stay all day ... but still! This is pretty awesome!

Regardless of the turn out, I've planted a couple of ringers into the group, so I'm confident that we'll have some good output for the non-profits by the end of the weekend.

Keep your fingers crossed for me this weekend! This is probably the biggest (and most uncertain) event I've ever put together. I'll be sure to keep you posted as to how it went!

No comments: