Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cheating-Wheating Sari Tying

So as I was getting ready to come back to the United States, I realized that I would be lost if I tried to tie any of my beautiful saris by myself. I'm man enough to admit it, I'm a lost cause when it comes to sari-tying.

So, I'm going to let you in on my new cheating-wheating sari tying secret: get them pre-tied.

What does that mean? Well, I tell you.

You go to a skillful tailor who will make a skirt out of the 9 yards of fabric, pleats and all… with some extra fabric left over for your stylish pullu. That way any idiot can put it together (like me!)

Start with wrapping the skirt...


... with some buttons and hooks in place to hold up the folds (also they provide a little extra wiggle room in case you eat too much at the wedding you're at)

With the skirt in place (and no threat of falling apart!), now all you have to do is wrap a stylish pullu



… and no one is the wiser!
I had mine made by Mrs. Amarjit Bahl - a fabulous tailor (and wonderful lady) based in Defense Colony in Delhi.

I'll add her contact details at the end of this post for anyone else adventuresome enough to liberate themselves from troublesome sari tying!

Studio Pride
Mrs. Amarjit Bahl
C-93 Defense Colony, New Delhi 110024
Moble: 9810625205; 9810235062
email: pride-impex@eth.net

No comments: