Sunday, October 31, 2010

Back of a Motorcycle



I've been riding around on the back of a motorcycle a lot lately. At least twice in the past few days. And both times I have ended up carrying either very large or very heavy things with me while navigating the city streets. I've also been trying to take some video clips of what it is like to ride on the back of a motorcycle in Banaras. Here are a few short clips of driving around.

On the main Roads:
Through the Market called Dal Mandi:
Now imagine riding back through Dal Mandi with all of THESE boxes. It was quite tricky and countless people in the market thought we were a bit crazy to try because all the low hanging wires meant that I couldn't just plop them on my lap. We kept bumping into things (as I am sure you can imagine) but since the boxes were empty and we were going EXTREMELY slow it didn't seem to matter much.


Finally, these two logs probably weigh about 60 pounds each. Balancing them on my lap (without crushing my thighs when we went over every single bump in the road) was still another feat.




It really is kind of crazy/fun the sorts of things I keep managing to get myself into.

1 comment:

littlemithi said...

Whats will all the supplies? Are you trying to make something?