Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Move to A2

The Sunday after Hamsa and Danika's wedding, Allen and I loaded up the car and I drove 8 1/2 hours to Ann Arbor to make it in time for my orientation, which started last Monday. The whole experience was sort of surreal: we were stashing our stuff at a friend's place in Ithaca while we were camping, then we ended up crashing at her place the night of the wedding ... but it is pretty pathetic to see all the stuff you own get shuffled back and forth out of the back seat of your car.

My friend Gina helped me unload when I got to A2 and the sight of my unloaded stuff was just as comical...

(Before) All that fit in our car

I say that the experience was comical only in that it is extremely strange to be living in what is essentially an unfurnished two bedroom apartment by myself. The rooms are very echoy and, well, there isn't any where to "hang out". Luckily we managed to fit a desk and a small chair in the car ... so at least I have a place to eat and work. LOL!

(After) Wall art makes all the difference