Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Family Reunion down at Ocean Isle Beach

Last week Allen, my folks, and I drove down to Ocean Isle Beach for a reunion with Allen's extended family.

Every summer, Allen's grandmother use to invite her children and their families down to Ocean Isle Beach for a week .... this year, her children restarted the tradition in her memory. Three generations of family, some having traveled as far away as Kansas and Holland (same travel time, just different modes of transportation), were staying in two different houses on the beach that shared a pool.

I think the under 12-set got the most out of the pool time though...


It was great getting to spend time with everyone... some of whom we haven't seen since our wedding (and some, like the newest babies, we'd never met before). And I'm sure that for some of the family, as Allen's cousin Chris put it, it was neat to see how all these kids they knew growing up turned out.


No comments: