Monday, August 23, 2010

Allen and Nikki's Excellent Adventure

*

So when we last left the story we had (amazingly) returned to good 'ol US of A.... where we basically couch surfed for 3 months straight.... you think I'm exaggerating** ....but, no, seriously, we've been on the move - visiting family and friends - for 3 solid months.

Pray tell, what were we doing during all that time ...... well, we ....

... caught lots of fish out at the beach house in San Diego

Allen catches a bat ray and a corvina in one cast

... soaked in the SoCal sun....

... played in some fierce game nights...

... then we headed up to SanFran to ...

... hug trees ...
... play with other friend's toys ...

"I want to ride my bicycle"

... visit the great outdoors ...
... root for Holland in the World Cup...

... and see some really freaky SanFran fog...

... then we hopped back over to Brooklyn and joined the Zany Umbrella circus for a day....
Check out those roadies

... then we headed down South to KY to play on a boat...
I'M ON A BOAT!***

... then in NC we were able to spend time with Mutti, Allen's 103 year old grandmother.
It is good to be the queen...

...
then it was off to SC, where we celebrated birthdays

Hmmmm..... frosting .....

...
and had adventures with our nephews....
... then (finally) back to New Jersey and New York to say our last good-byes to friends and family .... hang out with babies ...
... and play with other people's toys (again)

Can I have one, pretty please?

Believe it or not, but we're already off to India again. We leave this afternoon and will be in Delhi by Thursday evening. We had such a wonderful time visiting everyone and getting to catch up with you all while we were back in the States. Thank you everyone for letting us invade your couches and guest rooms as we crisscrossed the country. We're sad to be leaving again so soon - but ... you can be sure to hear from us soon.

;)

_________________________________
* I hope some of you caught this reference.
** It has been known to happen
*** Again, I'm hoping you caught the reference.

No comments: