Just a quick note (sadly, with no pictures) to say that we've made it to northern West Bengal and starting tomorrow we're heading on towards Sikkim. It has been a bit of a whirlwind, what with me coming back from Bangalore, us packing all of our worldly possessions into a closet at Allen's school, spending a couple days with friends in Delhi, then back on a plane to the mountains... it feels like we've just been on "GO" mode for weeks now.
This is the perfect place for us to just sloooooooooooooow dooooooown... because there isn't really a whole hell of a lot to do up here: sit on shady benches and just take in the view and the relief-giving breeze!
Fingers crossed that I'll be able to give you a more detailed (read: pictured) update soon*
________________________________
* I would have had something sooner - but the internet cafe computer gave my flash drive a virus, so I wasn't willing the risk of transferring pictures on it - especially after all the trouble I had with our netbook already. There is a lesson here about how lackadaisical we are about our technology's security, especially when we're abroad and desperate to "plug-in" ... I'm sure I could also spin this into a public health lesson on the importance of protecting yourself against "strange" partners ... but that might just be taking the metaphor too far. Needless to say, we're being more careful now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment